How it works
Download and open the app
Answer a few questions
Watch the information video
Perform the test in 7 easy steps
Receive your result in 15 minutes
Download and open the free Ellume COVID-19 Home Test app on your phone. The app will guide you through the test including an integrated information video and step-by-step instructions. There are 7 simple steps to perform the test, including our user-friendly, patented nasal swab. Your sample is analyzed and your result is displayed on your phone after 15 minutes. Results are saved within the app and can be shared via email.
The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test complies with CDC reporting requirements and automatically reports the required data to health authorities through our secure encrypted, HIPAA compliant, cloud connection.
Who can use this test
Who can use this test
- Adults and children aged 2 years and above
- People with or without symptoms
Who cannot use this test
- Children under the age of 2 years
- Anyone prone to nosebleeds
- Anyone who has had a facial or head injury/surgery in the last 6 months
Features and benefits
- Results in 15 minutes
- 96% accurate
- Authorized for symptomatic and asymptomatic use
- Suitable for ages 2 years and above
- Patented, user-friendly nasal swab with child adapter
- Designed for untrained users
- Step-by-step instructions in the app
- Ground breaking, patented fluorescent detection technology
Testing for COVID-19 can help you determine if you are infected regardless of whether you have symptoms. A reliable test result helps confirm whether you are at risk of spreading the infection to others and to determine whether you should self-isolate.
Reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19 is an important measure to ensure we can return back to work, school and normal lives.
In data submitted to the FDA from an independently run, simulated home-setting clinical study of 198 subjects ranging in age from 2 years to 82 years, the Ellume COVID-19 Home Test demonstrated 96% accuracy, with an overall sensitivity of 95% (positive percent agreement) and specificity of 97% (negative percent agreement) when compared to an emergency use-authorized RT-PCR laboratory test.