Choosing the right COVID-19 Test
Not all COVID-19 home tests are the same. Ensure your test is right for you.
The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test is the only OTC antigen home test that:
- Requires just one test, all other OTC antigen home tests require 2 tests.
- Gives results in 15 minutes, all other OTC antigen home tests need 2 tests, 1 - 3 days apart.
- Is clinically proven for use without symptoms. No other OTC COVID-19 antigen home test has been clinically tested and authorized for use without symptoms in a single test.
- Uses a protective child adapter to ensure swabbing children is safe and comfortable.
- Was designed for personal use with a bespoke app.
- Can provide, fast, convenient, reliable results for international travel.
COVID-19 Home Test kit comparison
Clinically proven for use for people with and without symptoms
Requires only 1 test for accurate results (no second test 2-3 days after a negative result)
Provides accurate test results within 15 minutes
Suitable for adults and children 2+ years
Convenient testing anywhere, anytime
Unambiguous result minimizes risk of misinterpretation
Designed and extensively tested for personal use
Designed for children (protective child adapter swab)
Automatic mandatory result reporting
Other OTC antigen home tests
How it works
Download and open the app
Answer a few questions
Watch the information video
Perform the test in 7 easy steps
Receive your result in 15 minutes
Download and open the free Ellume COVID-19 Home Test app on your phone. The app will guide you through the test including an integrated information video and step-by-step instructions. There are 7 simple steps to perform the test, including our user-friendly, patented nasal swab. Your sample is analyzed and your result is displayed on your phone after 15 minutes. Results are saved within the app and can be shared via email. The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test complies with CDC reporting requirements and automatically reports the required data to health authorities through our secure encrypted, HIPAA compliant, cloud connection.
Who can use this test
Who can use this test
- International and domestic travelers using video observation
- Adults and children aged 2 years and above
- People with or without symptoms
Who cannot use this test
- Children under the age of 2 years
- Anyone prone to nosebleeds
- Anyone who has had a facial or head injury/surgery in the last 6 months
Features and benefits
- Get results in 1 test, not 2*
- The only rapid home antigen test clinically proven for use with and without symptoms**
- Results in 15 minutes
- 96% accurate
- Suitable for ages 2 years and above
- Patented, user-friendly nasal swab with child adapter
- Designed and extensively tested for personal use
- Step-by-step instructions in the app
- Ground breaking, patented fluorescent detection technology
- Ideal for travel and event testing
- Internal test control ensuring sufficient sample for accurate results
The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test is now available for international travel, enabling you to test yourself before leaving the U.S. and before returning. Visit our travel page to learn more and to purchase your test and video observation session.
Day to day use:
Testing for COVID-19 can help you determine if you are infected regardless of whether you have symptoms. A reliable test result helps confirm whether you are at risk of spreading the infection to others and to determine whether you should self-isolate.
Reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19 is an important measure to ensure we can return back to work, school and normal lives.
Results in just one test. Because you’ve waited long enough.
The Ellume COVID-19 Home Test demonstrated 96% accuracy in clinical studies. Our test is the only OTC antigen home test to:
- Give you accurate results in a single test, in 15 minutes (all other OTC antigen tests require a second test 24 - 36 hours later).
- Be clinically proven for use without symptoms (no other OTC antigen home test has been clinically tested and authorized for use without symptoms in a single test).
Keeping you safe
Got a ‘Code 20’ or ‘Not enough sample for an accurate result’ message?
Good. That means we’re keeping you safe.
We appreciate this is an inconvenience, but it’s important in helping keep you safe. A ‘Not enough sample’ message means that you didn’t swab deeply enough, swab both nostrils, or swab vigorously enough to get sufficient sample on your swab.
We know it’s a pain, but our test is smart enough to check if there is enough sample on your swab. A doctor wouldn’t run a test without getting enough sample, and neither will we.
Other tests, without that clever control system, may give you a negative result when there wasn’t enough sample to determine whether you have COVID or not.
This means you could receive a negative result when you actually have COVID (a false negative result).
A false negative result is a real problem and could put yourself or others at risk of harm. A false negative result can lead to you not receiving treatment in a timely manner or you spreading COVID-19 to your loved ones or to other people in your community.
So while a ‘not enough sample for an accurate result’ message is an inconvenience, we love them, because they mean we’re doing our job, which is keeping you safe and helping stop COVID-19.